Wednesday 17 October 2018

Nu-Liberalism?





Through social media, I am getting an opportunity to understand new liberalism from some old friends.

They want me to be secular on their terms, so put my religion and Gods in the pit. They want me to accept the open market system but simultaneously support the political game of reservation in the name of social justice. They want me to consider regulation and globalization as toxic and to refrain from becoming a "bhakt", though it is quite alright if I am corrupt. Their leaders from nobility are equal to gods, and the Gods commit no wrong ever. They want me to accept their most revered "gods" as my Gods.

I think the definition of liberalism is that neither should a rule be set for others nor should they be otherwise pressured to follow any specific-rule. If I define rules for you, if I define good conduct and acceptable behaviour, then I am not a liberal.

Maybe my friends are more virtuous, more righteous than me, and even more sacred, but if they were to decide how I think and behave, for sure, they are not liberals.

I may please be forgiven for such naive understanding.

---- 

You may follow this blog, if you like the postings!

Please go ahead and share the post with your friends and networks!!

You could also follow the author on other blogsites -
  • https://www.facebook.com/intheworldofideas/
  • https://intheworldofideasblog.wordpress.com/
  • https://www.facebook.com/vichaaronkeeduniyamein/  (In HINDI)

------

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home